Blue Hour Westerly Ocean 49 and a powerful offshore cruiser that is ready to cruise the oceans of the world. She was designed by Ed Dubois and built in the UK by Westerly Yachts. She has a rare lead shoal draft Scheel keel, a 2-cabin layout with a large aft master cabin and forward guest cabin, a utility cabin with a full-size washer/dryer and work bench. She has a fully enclosed center cockpit with all furling sails that are controlled form the cockpit.
- Year Built: 1999
- Hull Material: GRP
- Designer: Ed Debois
- Length: 48.56 ft
- Beam: 4.6 meter
- Min Draft: 1.83 meter
- Max Draft: 1.83 meter
- Length Overall: 14.78 meter
- Length at Waterline: 12.83 meter
- Displacement: 13125 kilogram
- Number of Engines: 1
- Engine Model: 75
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade, Bronze, Feathering
- Total Power: 75 hp
The Ocean 49 gives anyone the opportunity to fulfill dreams of personal sailing style in a yacht that can, quite simply, cruise the world. Ed Dubois' legendary skill with hull and rig, allied to 30 years of Westerly boat building experience, provides the power and seaworthiness to create the last word in customized blue water yachts. The standard of finish throughout is typical of Westerly's traditional values of craftsmanship and luxury, including a choice of four interior layouts made to the owner's specifications.
Hull & Deck
Flag blue hull with white double boot stripe. Lead Scheel keel (shoal draf). Glued on teak decks (no bungs). She has a full cockpit enclosure with Makrolon front windows (2019) and Strataglass side curtains (2019). Also full Winter cover.
- Sunbrella Bimini – Navy (2016)
- Full cold weather enclosure with Strataglass windows and Makrolon windshield (2019)
- 480 Watts solar panels on Bimini (2011)
- Witlock pedestal
- Large leather covered stainless-steel wheel
- Teak grates in cockpit
- Teak cockpit table
- Companionway doors with removable plexiglass inserts for added ventilation
- Heavy duty white hatch boards
- Dolphin seat built into bow pulpit
- Dual anchor roller
- Spade S160 anchor (2016) with 250’ 10mm galvanized high-test chain (2017)
- Fortress F55 stern anchor with 12’ chain and nylon rode
- 300’ 10mm Dyneema shore fast (2017)
- 12’ Aquapro dinghy and 4-stroke F20 Yamaha 20hp motor on stainless-steel Simpson Davits included.
- Maxwell Liberty RC2500 12v windlass (2013)
- Stainless steel stanchions
- Double lifelines and gates (2010)
Engine and Generator
Well cared for 1999 Yanmar 75hp Diesel (hoses replaced 2019). The Westerbeke 6kw Generator has only 700 hours and operates everything. Innumerable spares (engine water pump, starter, alternator, belts, filters, impellers, thermostats)
- Single lever engine control
- Kanzaki transmission (2010)
- Custom stainless-steel water lock muffler (2014)
- HDI Marine stainless-steel exhaust mixing elbow (2017)
- Yanmar and Westerbeke engine shop manuals
- PSS shaft seal (2017)
- Reverso Oil change and Fuel Transfer pumps
- Max prop 3-blade propeller
- SPURRS line cutter on shaft (2012)
- Bronze cutlass bearing (2012)
- Fuel polisher
- Racor Dual Filter, Turbine 500 Series Shielded Fuel Filter / Water Separator (2013)
- Westerbeke 6kw Diesel Generator (heat exchanger cleaned 2019)
- 20 Gallon Hot Water Heater
- Newmar Electrical Panels
- Full size Maytag washer/dryer
- Vacuum cleaner
- 50-amp Shore Power Cord
- 4-position 220V AC main transfer switch
- 110V and 220V AC distribution panels
- 2 Cruise Air Air-Conditioning Units
- Grunert Passagemaker 110V holding plate refrigerator / freezer system
- 1 Grp 27 generator start battery
- 700 Ah Sinopoly LiFePo4 12v battery with HousePower BMS (2015)
- Xantrex LinkPro battery monitor
- Xantrex Freedom SW30 3000W sine wave Inverter / charger (2010)
- Cruisair Dolphin 80amp battery charger
- Cruisair Dolphin 60amp battery charger
- 4x 120W 24V solar panels on bimini (2011)
- Xantrex XW MPPT-60 solar controller (2011)
- Tricolour masthead light
- LED overhead cabin lights
Water System and Pumping
- Lavac toilets x2 (lids replaced 2019 and Henderson MK4 pumps serviced 2021)
- Spectra Cape Horn Extreme Watermaker (2014) / membrane and pump heads replaced 2018
- Espar D12 Hydronic heater and 7-day timer with 4 SureMarine fan heaters (2013)
- FloJet Fresh Water pump, Whale Gusher foot pump
- Hand operated chromed bronze seawater galley pump
- Bronze thru hull fittings and Appolo seacocks (2013)
- Groco strainers
- 3 bilge pump
1 x Diesel Tank 400 litres
2x Water Tanks 870 litres
1x Holding Tank 40 litres
Mast Rigging and Sail
All lines run to the cockpit and an electric halyard winch make the work easy.
- Selden mast, boom, vang & spinnaker pole
- Selden in mast furler
- Furlex jib furler
- Furlex staysail furler
- Contender dacron mainsail (2016)
- North staysail
- North 140% furling headsail
- Banks 110% furling headsail (2008)
- Code zero with Selden top down furler (2017)
- Quantum asymmetrical spinnaker w/ sock
- 2 Harken 64 ST winches
- 4 Harken 48 ST winches
- 1 Harken 48 ST electric winch (serviced 2019)
- Numerous spinlocks & line organizers
- Bosun chair
Blue Hour was purpose designed to have 2 large staterooms (master and guest). The third cabin is a utility cabin housing the home-size Maytag washer/dryer, workbench and tool storage.
She is bright and airy below with excellent ventilation and 6' 5" headroom.
Beautifully finished in teak with teak and holly laminate soles which need no maintenance, upgraded Corian counters and quality furnishings throughout.
Starting forward, there is a large guest cabin with center line queen berth with pull out drawers under. There are numerous opening lockers for storage, as well as a shelf for books.
There is also a large hanging locker to starboard and a smaller one to port. Nestled on the port side is a small desk with swing out seat, shelves and locker above and opening desk top.
There is an opening hatch and two opening ports for ventilation and light, as well as two lamps for reading. This stateroom is finished in a high-quality teak and is fully air-conditioned.
Going aft we come to the utility cabin to port with standup home-size Maytag washer and dryer, lockers, opening port, tool storage and small work bench with a vice.
Directly across is the guest head and shower which features a Lavac toilet, sink, vanity with mirror, locker and teak grate.
There is a fold-down seat that goes over the toilet for showing. The interior is all white molded fiberglass for easy cleaning.
Next aft is the main salon to port. The salon is built around an expandable teak table that seats six.
There are two opening lockers and a bookshelf behind, with the lithium batteries secured below the settee, and ample storage behind the cushions.
The upholstery is tastefully done and in good condition (recovered in 2019). The interior woodwork is teak and extremely well done.
The nav station is across from the dining table, to starboard and features a large functional chart table that opens for storage. There is a place for a monitor and printer and, under the chart table, a shelf for a computer.
Display areas for electronics and radios are forward and to the right.
Outboard, to starboard, are two custom Newmar electrical panels with battery switches below.
Aft of the nav area is a bar with a pane glass locker for glass storage and below that is a lovely cabinet for bar supplies.
The owner’s stateroom is aft with a large queen bed accessible from both sides and with drawers underneath.
Other features include 10 opening lockers for storage, on the starboard side, and nine to port. Each side has a large lit hanging locker and there is a vertical locker for small items.
There are Bose speakers for music, lights for reading and a comfortable seat on each side of the bed. On the port side and forward is the master head and shower.
The main part of the head is similar to the guest head.The shower features a tinted Plexiglas stall with stainless trim and opening door.
There is a handy opening port as well.
Galley & head
The galley is very functional in a seaway. Located in the starboard walk thru to the aft stateroom; the double sink,
Dickenson stove and oven are on the starboard side of the passageway with the large refrigerator and freezer opposite.
It has excellent ventilation (2 large ports) and light with numerous storage drawers (4) and lockers (5).
- Dickenson Mediterranean propane stove & oven (2012)
- Built in Panasonic Microwave (2012)
- Clam Shell Corian Counter Tops (2012)
- Gas shutoff solenoid
- Grunert Passagemaker 110v refrigerator & freezer
- Refrig. access from top & front
- Freezer adjacent w/ top access
- Custom pane glass locker for dinner service
- Deep stainless-steel double sinks
- Dickenson Sea-B-Que (Large) propane BBQ
Electronics and Navigation
- Autohelm 7000 autopilot with gyro and linear drive
- Raymarine Smartpilot autopilot with linear drive (2013)
- Raymarine ST60 wind and tridata (2013)
- Raymarine C70 MFD with radar
- Digital Yacht DualNav GPS
- Richie Compass
- Em-Track B100 AIS tranciever (2013)
- Standard Horizon VHF with AIS and RAM3 remote (2013)
- JVC CD/MP3 player
- Bose speakers
- Radio Shack Speaker Selection Box
- ICOM 706II HF Radio/ICOM AT130 tuner and Pactor 3 modem
- Motorola 9505a satellite phone with external antenna
- Ubiquiti bullet wifi
- Cell phone booster and mast-head antenna
- 6-person Revere Commander life raft with insulated floor (serviced 2016)
- Ocean Break Dyneema Jordan Series Drogue (2016)
- Lifesling Softpack retrieval system
- ACR EPIRB (2016)
- 3- 20 Pound ABC Fire Extinguishers
In this case we are acting as brokers only. The Vendor is not selling in the course of a business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of these particulars is not guaranteed. The particulars are intended only as a guide and they do not constitute a term of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check the particulars and where appropriate at his own expense to employ a qualified Marine Surveyor to carry out a survey and / or to have an engine trial conducted, which if carried out by us shall not imply any liability for such engine on our part.
Note to seller and purchaser: If the boat you are selling or purchasing is registered, please ensure that the registration is completed after the sale of the boat. If the purchaser wishes to cancel the registration is the duty of the seller to contact the Registry and inform them that the registration is to be cancelled. If the purchaser wishes to continue with the registration, it is the duty of the purchaser to complete the relevant forms and post off the bill of sale to the Registrar.
Download the quick and full specifications for this boat in PDF format on the left. Please note that the PDF will open in a new window and will take a short time to download. The version including all boat pictures will take longer.
Make an Enquiry
If you would like more information about this Westerly Ocean 49, please get in touch using the contact details below, or alternatively by using the contact form on the right.
Sunbird International Yacht Sales
Tel: +44 (0)1294 607074
Have a boat to sell?
over 120,000 potential buyers view this site every year
Relax and let us secure the right price for you